Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Family"

I should have just smashed her fucking head. That stupid, stupid girl. I get a message from Amaterasu saying that she's in Inara's medical bay, and wants me to come say hello. Inara tells me that she gave Amaterasu a glass full of Nerve Sticks, to which Amaterasu is, apparently, allergic. Instead of calling me when it happens, Inara waits until Amaterasu wakes up and decides to call me herself. She could have died, and Inara didn't so much as send me a goddamn page.

Amaterasu is fine, thankfully. The doctors cleaned out her system, and she's doing alright. But fucking Inara...that stupid, stupid girl. First Age, and everything that entailed, and now this. Amaterasu has been in Ghost Festival for two fucking days and Inara has already nearly killed her. Maybe I should have talked her out of it.

Inara wanted me to kill her. I probably should have. But what would have been the point? She would have gotten to forget what she did, and watch the highlights and not have to worry. No, she gets to live, and I hope she fucking suffers for remembering it all. I told her that, as far as I was concerned, she was dead, though. Ninety-seven years, and never once have I been intentionally cruel. Until then. I couldn't think of anything I could do that would hurt her more, so that was what I did, and I hope to hell it worked. Amaterasu trusted her, and that's what she got. How is being with PRETA going to help if Inara is the standard? If I see her again, she dies.

I had to take Amaterasu back to the Gate where Inara couldn't follow. I don't want to see her again. Ever. But I don't think I have that choice. Gods...if I see her again...If she hurts Amaterasu again in any way...

No comments:

Post a Comment